Microstrip Antennas (MSA) for Wireless communications, RF hyperthermia, Microwave Imaging, MIMO communications and Frequency selective surfaces.
Designation: Assistant Professor (III)
Specialization: Microstrip Antennas (MSA) for Wireless communications, RF hyperthermia, Microwave Imaging, MIMO communications and Frequency selective surfaces.
Email id: email@example.com
Research areas: Fractal MSA, Stacked MSA, Aperture couple MSA, Spiral MSAs for RF hyperthermia, UWB MSAs for Microwave Imaging, Frequency selective surfaces for reflector/ absorber applications.
- Ph.D. (Microstrip antennas for Wireless Communication) from Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala in 2016.
- M. E. (specialization in Wireless Communication) from Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala in 2006
- B.E.(ELECTRONICS & COMMUNICATIONS)From Jammu University, Jammu in 2004.
Currently working as Assistant Professor in Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering at Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology Patiala (Punjab) full time, since July 2006 .
- M.E. Dissertations guided from July 2006 till date : 31
- Ph.D. Submitted :1
Investigations on Dielectric Resonator Antennas for UWB Applications
- Ph.D. Ongoing : 3
- Completed project entitled, “Development of Multiband Microstrip Antenna, RPS-AICTE, with funding amount Rs 7.5 Lacs- Role Principal Investigator.
- Completed project entitled, “Design and development of stacked patch Microstrip antennas for WLAN applications”, UGC-major with funding amount 15.8lakh rupees. Role -PI
- Ongoing Project : Design & Development of Microwave-Based Imaging and Hyperthermia Systems, for Diagnosis & Treatment of Skin Cancer respectively and testing the Prototype in 2-D and 3-D Organotypic Skin Epithelial Carcinoma Model". Funded by ICMR, New Delhi.
- Ongoing Project: Design and Development of a Machine Learning based Wearable Metasurface device for Personal Health monitoring. Funded by CEEMS –TIET .
- Affiliate Faculty – TIET Virginia Tech Centre of Excellence in Emerging Materials.
- Trinity - Thapar Academic fellow (Centre for Advanced Practices in Teaching and Learning).
- SCI/SCIE Papers Published: 21
- Scopus Indexed Papers Published: 15
- Others (Conferences / Journals) : 25
- Attended 5 short-term FDPs on Wireless, optical and microwave communications and applications.
- Delivered expert talk on “Microstrip antennas” at Gurukul Vidyapeeth Rajpura, June 2014.
- Published two books with Lampbert Publishing House Germany.
Other Professional Activities:
- Lab In-charge: Microwave and Antenna Lab, Antenna Research Lab(2011-2022)
- Coordinator of the Short Term course of one week on “Antenna Design: New trends techniques and Applications “attended by about 25 Faculty members and students of other institutes June 4-8 2012(one week STP)
- Coordinator of Two Day Hands-on Workshop on” Antenna Design” using Computer Simulation Technology’ 12Microwave Studio (June 17– June 18, 2013)
- Coordinator of One Day Hands-on Workshop on “Microstrip and horn Antenna Design: Using CST Microwave studio 12” by industry professionals (December 5 , 2013)
- Coordinator of One Day Hands-on Workshop on “Antenna Design: Using CST Microwave studio 12” by industry professionals (May 29th, 2014)
- Worked as NSS program officer for the ECED unit of Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology contributing to society through social services performed by the students’ team from ECED from 2009 to 2012.
- Departmental representative of the Institute’s Central Library from 2007 to 2017.
- Remained warden of girls’ hostel from 2007 to 2009 and 2016 to 2017.
- Remained in the organizing team of the hospitality and Discipline committee of the institute’s Convocation from 2007 to 2009.
- Member of the editorial team of “International Journal of Core Research In Communication Engineering”.
- Member or editorial team of STM journals Journal of Microwave Engineering & Technologies (JoMET)
- Member board of Studies(ECED, TIET) from 2019 to 2020
- Life member Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers, New Delhi, India.
SCI Journals: 25
- Amanpreet Kaur (2015). Semi Spiral G-shaped dual wideband Microstrip Antenna with Aperture feeding for WLAN/WiMAX/U-NII band applications. International Journal of Microwave and Wireless Technologies, 8 (6), 931-941. [IF2015: 1.26 ]. ISSN no. 1759-0787 (Print), 1759-0795 (Online)
- Amanpreet Kaur, Rajesh Khanna and Machavaram Kartikeyan “A multilayer dual wideband circularly polarized Microstrip antenna with DGS for WLAN/Bluetooth/ZigBee/Wi-Max/ IMT band applications “International Journal of Microwave and Wireless Technologies, Published online 24August 2015 Cambridge University Press and the European Microwave Association, 2015 doi: 10.1017/S1759078715001294. Volume 9, Issue 2 March 2017, pp. 317-325.
- Amanpreet Kaur, Rajesh Khanna, and Machavaram V. Kartikeyan “A stacked Sierpinski gasket fractal antenna with a defected ground structure for UWB/WLAN/RADIO astronomy/STM Link applications” Microwave and Optical technology letters. Volume 57, Issue 12, December 2015, Pages: 2786–2792. Article first published online : 26 SEP 2015, DOI: 10.1002/mop.29442.(IF . 0.731) Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
- Ayushi Aggarwal, Amanpreet Kaur, “A Dual-band Stacked Aperture coupled Antenna Array for WLAN Applications” Microwave and Optical technology letters. Volume 59, Issue 3. PP 648-654. March 2017. IF: 1.78. ISSN : 0895-2477
- Amanpreet Kaur, Rajesh Khanna,” Design and development of a stacked complementary microstrip antenna with a “π”-shaped DGS for UWB, UNII, WLAN, WiMAX, and Radio Astronomy wireless applications” International Journal of Microwave and Wireless Technologies, https://doi.org/10.1017/S1759078717000150, Published online: 11 April 2017. PP.1547-1556. Volume 9, Special Issue 7 (EuCAP 2016 special issue) September 2017 , pp. 1547-1556
- Amanpreet Kaur ,Sheifali Gupta, “A complementary Sierpinski gasket fractal antenna array for wireless MIMO portable devices” Microwave and Optical Technology Letters. 2018; 61(2) : 436–442. https://doi.org/10.1002/mop.31584
- Navneet Kaur & Amanpreet Kaur, “A Compact Plus Shaped Carpet Fractal Antenna with an I-Shaped DGS for C band/X-band/UWB/WIBAN applications” Wireless Personal Communications.December 2019, Volume 109, Issue 3, pp 1673–1687 https://doi.org/10.1007/s11277-019-06645-y 2019.(1.671)ISSN : 0929-6212
- Kaur G, Kaur A (2019). Breast tissue tumor detection using “S” parameter analysis with an UWB stacked aperture coupled microstrip patch antenna having a “+” shaped defected ground structure. International Journal of Microwave and Wireless Technologies 1–17. https://doi.org/10.1017/ S175907871900144 Volume 12 / Issue 7 / 635-651.September 2020. Published online by Cambridge University Press: 13 November 2019, pp. 635-651. Print publication: September 2020
- Arashpreet K. Sohi , Amanpreet Kaur, “A complementary Sierpinski gasket fractal antenna array integrated with a complementary Archimedean defected ground structure for portable 4G/5G UWB MIMO communication devices” Microwave and optical technology letters First published: 17 March 2020. https://doi.org/10.1002/mop.32356 Volume62, Issue7July 2020 Pages 2595-2605
- Sachin Kumar Yadav , Amanpreet Kaur and Rajesh Khanna, “An ultra-wideband “OM ” shaped DRA with a defected ground structure and dual polarization properties for 4G /5G wireless communications” International journal of RF , Microwave and CAD Engineering. First published: 02 July 2020 https://doi.org/10.1002/mmce. 22327 Volume30, Issue8 (IF 1.91). ISSN : 1099-047X.
- Yadav, S.K., Kaur, A. & Khanna, R. Cylindrical air spaced high gain dielectric resonator antenna for ultra-wideband applications. Sādhanā 45, 163 (2020). https://doi.org/10.1007/s12046-020-01409-y. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12046-020-()01409-y. ISSN : 0973-7677.
- Arashpreet K. Sohi & Amanpreet Kaur (2020), “ UWB aperture coupled circular fractal MIMO antenna with a complementary rectangular spiral defected ground structure (DGS) for 4G/WLAN/radar/satellite/international space station (ISS) communication systems, Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol 34 (17), PP-2317- 2338. DOI: 10.1080/09205071.2020.1813638.(IF 1.81) ISSN : 0920-5071
- Arashpreet K. Sohi & Amanpreet Kaur (2020) Hexa-band suppression characteristics from a fork-shaped UWB-MIMO antenna loaded with complementary split-ring resonator and slots, Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 34, No. 16, pp. 2194-2219. DOI: 10.1080/09205071.2020.180953.
- Kaur G, Kaur A. Monostatic radar-based microwave imaging of breast tumor detection using a compact cubical dielectric resonator antenna. Microw Opt Technol Lett. 2020;1–9. https://doi.org/10.1002/mop.32557, Volume 63, Issue1, January 2021, Pages 196-204.
- Sachin Kumar Yadav, Amanpreet Kaur, Rajesh Khanna, “Compact cross-shaped parasitic strip based multiple-input multiple-output (MIMO) dielectric resonator antenna for ultra-wideband (UWB) applications” https://doi.org/10.1515/freq-2020-0027 vol. 75, no. 5-6, 2021, pp. 191-199 2021; FREQUENZ , published online January 18, 2021.
- Yadav, S.K., Kaur, A. & Khanna, R. Compact Rack Shaped MIMO Dielectric Resonator Antenna with Improved Axial Ratio for UWB Applications. Wireless Pers Commun (2020). 117, pages591–606 (2021-published) https://doi.org/10.1007/s11277-020-07887-x
- Arashpreet K. Sohi and Amanpreet Kaur, “Computational analysis of a dual‐port semi‐circular patch antenna combined with Koch curve fractals for ultra‐wideband systems,” Engineering Reports, vol. 3, e12378, 2021. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/eng2.12378.
- Arashpreet K. Sohi, Amanpreet Kaur, “Triple band-stop characteristics from an aperture coupled modified Pythagorean tree fractal-based UWB-MIMO antenna integrated with complementary hexagonal spiral defected ground structure” AEU - International Journal of Electronics and Communications, Volume 137,2021,153805, ISSN 1434-8411,https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aeue.2021.153805. VOL. 137. 153805
- Arashpreet K. Sohi, Amanpreet Kaur, “Sextuple band rejection functionality from a compact Koch anti-snowflake fractal UWB-MIMO antenna integrated with split-ring resonators and slots,” AEU - International Journal of Electronics and Communications, vol. 138, 153898, 2021. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aeue.2021.153898.
- Yadav, Sachin Kumar, Kaur, Amanpreet and Khanna, Rajesh. "Compact cross-shaped parasitic strip based multiple-input multiple-output (MIMO) dielectric resonator antenna for ultra-wideband (UWB) applications" Frequenz, vol. 75, no. 5-6, 2021, pp. 191-199. https://doi.org/10.1515/freq-2020-0027
- Nitika Sharma, Hari Shankar Singh, Rajesh Khanna, Amanpreet Kaur, Mayank Agarwal, “Development of deeply focused microwave lens applicator for efficient hyperthermia treatment, Optik, Volume 259, 2022, 168946, ISSN0030-4026, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijleo.2022.168946.(https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0030402622003266).
- Kaur, K., Kaur, A. Polarization independent frequency selective surface for marine and air traffic radar applications. Sādhanā 47, 81 (2022). https://doi.org/10.1007/s12046-022-01840-3
- Kaur, G., Kaur, A. A low cost and efficient breast cancer detection method with a staircase shaped ultrawide band dielectric resonator antenna using monostatic radar based microwave imaging technique. Sādhanā 47, 120 (2022). https://doi.org/10.1007/s12046-022-01901-7
- Kaur Gagandeep and Amanpreet Kaur. "Monostatic Radar-Based Microwave Imaging of Breast Tumor Using an Ultra-wideband Dielectric Resonator Antenna (DRA) with a Sierpinski Fractal Defected Ground Structure." MAPAN ,pp 1-12, 2022.
- Kaur Gagandeep and Amanpreet Kaur. "“C” shaped dual polarized dielectric resonator antenna for the microwave imaging of breast tumor using beam‐forming algorithms." International Journal of RF and Microwave Computer‐Aided Engineering, Vol 32, issue 7, e23178, 2022.