Radar, Microwave Remote Sensing, RF energy harvesting, antenna and Microwave Engineering
Designation: Assistant Professor:
Dr. Rana Pratap Yadav has been affiliated with TIET, Patiala since 30- June-2014. His area of research interest is Radar, Microwave Remote Sensing, RF energy harvesting, antenna and Microwave Engineering. He has a significant contribution in carrying out several research projects which has been sponsored by BRNS, DST and DAE. He has received his Ph.D degree from Homi Bhabha National Institute, Mumbai in Oct. 2014 under Department of Atomic Energy (DAE) prestigious, DGFS Fellowship scheme. His Ph.D work explores the design and development of high power hybrid coupler for fusion grade reactor which is the subject interest of high power RF/Microwave Engineering. He has worked at University of Oxford, UK as Postdoctoral Researcher from August-2017 to Dec-2018. His post-doctoral work incorporates the development of the multi-static RADAR system for tracking of pollinators. He has also have been worked as Electrical Assistant Engineer in Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (An Indian PSU, works for the power sector utility) from 2009-2011.
- Post-Doc (University of Oxford, UK) in Radar and Navigation Technology
- Ph.D. (Homi Bhabha National Institute, Mumbai formally known as BARC Training School ) in High Power RF and Microwave Engineering
- M. Tech in Electrical Drives, Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology, Bhopal (NIT-B)
- B.Tech. in Electrical Engineering / U.P.T.U., Lucknow
- Teaching (4.8 Years): Assistant Professor at Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala from June 30, 2014 to present.
- Research (1.5 Years): Postdoctoral Researcher in University of Oxford, UK from Aug.-2017 to Dec-2018
- Industry (2-Years): Assistant Engineer in Powergrid Corporation of India Limited, from 2009 to 2011
Sponsored Research Projects
- Titled “Development of load resilient mock-up ICRF system of tokamak with variable load” Broad area of Research is High Power RF Engineering, Sponsoring Agency is BRNS, Research Grant Rs. 34.35 Lacs, Date of Start: Jan 2016.
- Titled “Design and development of the reconfigurable plasma antenna” Broad area of Research is antenna, Sponsoring Agency is DST, Research Grant Rs. 25.55 Lacs, Date of Start: June 2016.
- Rana Pratap Yadav, Sunil Kumar and S. V. Kulkarni , “An ultra-wideband 3dB hybrid coupler” Indian Patent Application No 201621021833 filed on June 24, 2016.
- 8 ME/M.Tech Thesis Guided
- Ongoing 4 PhD student guidance
- Rana Pratap Yadav, Sunil Kumar, and S. V. Kulkarni, “Design and Development of the 3dB patch compensated tandem hybrid coupler”, Review of Scientific Instruments, 84, 014702 (2013).
- Rana Pratap Yadav, Sunil Kumar, and S. V. Kulkarni, “An analysis of junction discontinuity effects in multi-element coupled lines and its diminution at designing stage,” Progress In Electromagnetic Research B, Vol. 56, 25-49, 2013.
- Rana Pratap Yadav, Sunil Kumar, and S. V. Kulkarni, “Design and development of ultra-wideband 3dB hybrid coupler for ICRF heating in Tokamak”, Review of Scientific Instruments 85, 044706 (2014)
- Rana Pratap Yadav, Sunil Kumar, and S. V. Kulkarni, “Design of the 1.5MW ultra-wideband 3dB high power hybrid coupler for ICRF heating in fusion grade reactor”, Review of Scientific Instruments, 87, 014703 (2016).
- Tanvi Mittal, Rana Pratap Yadav and Dhiraj Bora, “Analysis of trapped oscillation modes in magnetized PPC and its tunability for variable plasma parameters” optics communications volume 382, 1 January 2017.
- Yadav, R. P., Kumar, V., & Dhawan, R. (2018). Design and development of patch compensated wideband Vivaldi antenna. International Journal of Microwave and Wireless Technologies, 10(9), 1081-1087.
- Jain, A., Yadav, R. P., & Kulkarni, S. V. Design and development of 2 kW, 3 dB hybrid coupler for the prototype Ion Cyclotron Resonance Frequency (ICRF) system. International Journal of Microwave and Wireless Technologies, 1-6.
- Rana Pratap Yadav, Sunil Kumar, and S. V. Kulkarni. "Junction discontinuity effect in multi-element coupled lines and its compensation" Region 10 Symposium, 2014 IEEE
- S.V. Kulkarni, Sunil Kumar, Srinivas Y.S.S., Atul Varia, Ramesh Joshi, H.M. Jadav, Paihar Manoj, B.R. Kadia, Kirit Parmar, Gayatri Ashok, R.P. Yadav,… , “Recent ICRH-Wall Conditioning, Second Harmonic Heating and Disruption Mitigation Experiments using ICRH system in Tokamak ADITYA” 25th IAEA Fusion Energy Conference (FEC 2014), Saint Petersburg, Russia 13 -18 October 2014.
- Kaur, Gurkirandeep, and Rana Pratap Yadav. "Study of the radiation characteristic of plasma antenna using 2-D FDTD method." Progress in Electromagnetic Research Symposium (PIERS). IEEE, 2016.
- Mittal, Tanvi, Rana Pratap Yadav, and Abhinav Jain. "Analysis of 1-D magnetized plasma photonic crystal band gap characteristic for variable plasma parameters." Progress in Electromagnetic Research Symposium (PIERS). IEEE, 2016.
- Jain, A., & Yadav, R. P. (2017, December). Design and Development of Coaxial Line Based 2kW, 10-30dB Variable Dual Directional Coupler. In 2017 IEEE MTT-S International Microwave and RF Conference (IMaRC) (pp. 1-5). IEEE..
- Khatoon, S., Yadav, R. P., & Jain, A. (2018, May). Design and Simulation of 8-cavity hole-slot type magnetron in CST. In 2018 2nd International Conference on Electronics, Materials Engineering & Nano-Technology (IEMENTech) (pp. 1-5). IEEE.
- Abhinav jain, Rana pratap yadav and Sunil kumar,"Design and development of high power matching network for variable load" presented at International microwave and RF conference (IMaRC) Nov,2018 Kolkata, india.
- Shreya singh, Rana pratap yadav and Abhinav jain," Miniaturised dual-band branch-line coupler with folded stubs" accepted for publication in IEEE international conference for convergence in technology, pune, india
- Manpreet kaur, rana pratap yadav, abhinav jain,"Stripline based isolator at UHF band"accepted accepted for publication in IEEE international conference for convergence in technology, pune, india
Achievement, Awards and Recognitions
- Received Department of Atomic Energy(DAE) prestigious DGFS fellowship, 2011-2014
- Fellow of Prince of Wales Charitable Foundation, United Kingdom (UK)
Other Academic activities
- Developed High power RF Research Laboratory
- CAPSL Foundation Program: ‘New - Directions’ in Teaching & Learning - Special Purpose Certificate in Academic Practice (SPCert) by Trinity College, Dublin, Ireland
Message to Students & Community
Success is all the way around, step ahead in any one direction.