Optical Communication, OFDM based Optical Core and Access Networks, Long Reach PONs, Optical Wireless Communication Systems
Dr. Pravindra Kumar is working as an Assistant Professor in ECE Department, Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Patiala since 2018. He has completed hir Ph.D. in Optical Communication from Indian Institute of Technology Mandi (IIT Mandi) in September 2017. His research interests include Optical Communication, OFDM based Optical Core and Access Networks, Long Reach PONs, Optical Wireless Communication Systems, IoT in Li-Fi.
- Ph.D. (IIT Mandi) with topic “Performance Improvement in Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing Based Optical Communication Systems”.
- M.Tech. (I. P. University, New Delhi) in Digital Communication.
- B.Tech. (U.P.Tech., Univ., Lucknow) in Electronics and Communication Engineering.
Teaching Experience: 3 years 5 month and Research Experience after Ph.D: 1 Year 4 months.
Academic (~3.5 years) :
- Assistant Professor in ECED, TIET, Patiala, from July, 2018 to present.
- Assistant Professor in REMTech., Shamli. U.P., India, from July 15, 2010 to July 2, 2012.
- Lecturer in B.I.T., Muzaffernagar, U.P., Indian, from September 7, 2007 to August 8, 2008.
Research (1.4 years) :
- Project Scientist in DST, MHRD Govt. of India, funded project, in SCEE, IIT Mandi, from February 13, 2017 to June 24, 2018.
Teaching Interests :
- Probability and Information Theory
- Digital/Wireless/Optical Communication
- Signals and Systems
- Electromagnetic Field Theory and Antenna Systems
- Microwave and Millimeter wave Communication Theory
- Random Processes: Detection and Estimation
Research Interest :
- Long-reach Passive Optical Networks (PONs)
- Optical Wireless Communication
- IoT based Li-Fi
- Bi-complex Analysis
Online Certificate-Course Completed:
- Completed online certificate course “Quantum Optics 2 : Two Photons and more” from Coursera with École Polytechnique, in September, 2020.
Completed online certificate course “Probability Theory, Statistics and Exploratory Data Analysis” from Coursera with Institute National Research University Higher School of Economics, in August, 2020.
Completed online certificate course “Grammar and Punctuation” from Coursera with University of California, Irvine, in August, 2020.
Journals (SCI) :
- P. Kumar and S. Thakor, " Performance of 3T-ANC based orthogonal frequency-division-multiplexed optical wireless link with pointing error," Journal of Optics, OPtical Society of India, Springer, (IF: 0.6), vol. 48. pp. 400-411, September, 2019.
- P. Kumar and S. Thakor, “Performance of OFDM-FSO link with Analog Network Coding,” Photonics Network Communication (PNET) Journal, © Springer, (IF:1.210), vol. 36, issue 2, pp. 210-224, April, 2018.
- P. Kumar and A. Srivastava, "Performance improvement of OFDM-FSO multi-user communication system with combined transmit frequency diversity and receive space diversity," Journal of Optics Communications, © Elsevier, (IF: 1.588), vol. 366, pp. 410-418, May, 2016.
- P. Kumar and A. Srivastava, "OBI reduction and optical power budget enhancement in OFDM-PON system using spreading code in electrical domain," Journal of Optics Communications, © Elsevier, (IF: 1.588), vol. 361, pp. 79-85, February 2016.
- P. Kumar and A. Srivastava, "Optical power budget enhancement in next generation DDO-OFDM based optical access network using square root module," PNET Journal, © Springer, (IF: 1.210), vol. 31, issue 1, pp. 48-55, February, 2016.
- P. Kumar and A. Srivastava, "Electrical spreading code based OFDM optical access networks for budget enhancement and reduced system bandwidth requirement," Journal of Optical Communications (JOC), © Walter de Gruyter GmbH, (IF: 0.50), vol. 36, issue 4, pp. 313-321, April, 2015.
International Conferences :
- P. Kumar and A. Srivastava, "Receiver Sensitivity Improvement of OFDM-FSO link using SRM device," in IEEE International Conference on Advance Networks and Telecommunication Systems (ANTS - 2015), December 15-18, 2015.
- P. Kumar and A. Srivastava, "Enhanced Performance of FSO Link using OFDM and Comparison with Traditional TDM-FSO Link," in International Broadband and Photonics (IBP - 2015) Conference, April 22-24, 2015.
- P. Kumar and A. Srivastava, "Enhanced Optical Power Budget in DDO-OFDM-PON and CO-OFDM-PON System using Frequency Diversity," in IEEE Conference, ANTS - 2014, December 14-17, 2014.
- P. Kumar and A. Srivastava, "Next Generation 3-D OFDM based Optical Access Networks using FEC under various System Impairments," in International Society for Optics and Photonics Engineering (SPIE), Photonics West, February 7-12, 2014.
- P. Kumar and A. Srivastava, "Performance Analysis of Next Generation OFDM based Optical Access Networks using Multi-level Modulation under various System Impairments," in IEEE Conference, ANTS - 2013, December 15-18, 2013.
- P. Kumar and A. Srivastava, "Performance Analysis of Next Generation 3-D OFDM based Optical Access Networks under vaious System Impairments," in IEEE International Conference INDICON - 2013, December 13-15, 2013.
- P. Kumar, B. K. Kanaujia and M. Gangadharappa, "Analytical results for BER Performance of Rake Receiver in Rayleigh Fading Channel for UMTS Environment," in IEEE International Conference on Wireless Communication and Sensor Networks (WCSN - 2010), December 15-19, 2010.
Other Publications (non-SCI) :
- P. Kumar and A. Kumar, "Analytical Results for BER Performance of MIMO-Rake Receiver in WCDMA System," International Journal of Engineering Science and Technology (IJEST), vol. 3, no. 10, pp. 7530-7537, October, 2011.
- A. Kumar and P. Kumar, "Bicomplex Version of Laplace Transform," International Journal of Engineering and Technology (IJET), vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 225-232, June, 2011.
- A. Kumar and P. Kumar, "Maximum and Minimum Modulus Principle for Bicomplex Holomorphic Functions," International Journal of Engineering Science and Technology (IJEST), vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 1484-1491, February, 2011.
- P. Kumar, "Analytical Results to Improve the Capacity of A Cellular System in Frequency Selective Rayleigh Fading Channel," International Journal of Engineering and Technology (IJET), vol. 2, no. 5, pp. 354-358, June, 2011.
- P. Kumar, B. K. Kanaujia, M. Gangadharappa, "BER Performance of RAKE Receiver in Rayleigh Fading Channel for UMTS environment," International Journal of Engineering Science and Technology (IJEST), vol. 2, no. 6, pp. 1690-1698, June, 2010.
- P. Kumar, B. K. Kanaujia, M. Gangadharappa, "BER Analysis to Increase Capacity of a Cellular System Using SDMA Over a Multipath Rayleigh Fading Channel," International Journal on Computer Science and Engineering (IJCSE), vol. 02, no. 04, pp. 1196-1200, July, 2010.
Achievement, Awards and Recognitions :
- Got the Certificate for outstanding assistance in teaching in IIT Mandi on February 24, 2017 on the occasion of 8th Foundation day in IIT Mandi.
- Receive International Travel Grand from IIT Mandi to attend International Broadband and Photonics (IBP - 2015) Conference, April 22-24, 2015, Bali, Indonesia.
- Got Best Poster Paper: Honorable Mention Award in IEEE ANTS conference in 2014, C-DOT, December, 2014, New Delhi, India.
- Got the Certificate of Excellence in B.I.T for giving 100% result in two subjects (Data Communication Network and Wireless Communication) in 2008.
Short term courses/Workshop attended :
- Workshop on Machine Learning for Medical Image Analysis (WMLMIA 2016), School of Computing and Electrical Engineering, IIT Mandi, June 18-22, 2016.
- Workshop on Machine Learning for Medical Image Analysis (WMLMIA 2015), SCEE, IIT Mandi, June 24-28, 2015.
- Short Term Training Program (STTP) on “MatLab Fundamentals & Application” , Organized by School of Engineering from July 13-15, 2011 in G.B.U., U.P., India.
- Workshop on “Digital Signal Processing and its application” in Indira Gandhi Institute of Technology, New Delhi, June 20-24, 2011.
- 6th IEEE Workshop on “Wireless Communication and Sensor Networks”, WCSN-2010 in IIIT-Allahabad, December 15-19, 2010.
Click here to view Portfolio:
YouTube Channel link
Google Site Link
Google Scholar Link