Digital Communication, Optical Communication
Visiting Assistant Professor
Dr. DIVYA SHARMA has awarded her PhD degree on “Performance evaluation of advanced modulation techniques for lower and higher optical transmission rates” in Electronics and Communication Engineering Department, Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology, Allahabad, India in December 2018. Her current research interests are optical communication, DWDM, superchannel transmission and high speed coherent transmission.
- Ph.D. (MNNIT Allahabad) in high speed optical transmission
- M. Tech in Digital Communication, BIET Jhansi, GBTU, Lucknow/ First class (76.15%)
- B.Tech. in Electronics And Communication engineering / FGIET, Rae Bareli, UPTU, Lucknow / First class (73.72%)
Experience: Total Teaching Experience 6 years 10 month
- August 2008 to June 2009, Guest lecturer, ECED, IET Lucknow
- July 2012 to December 2013: Contract faculty, , ECED, IET Lucknow
- January 2014 to January 2015: Assistant Professor, ECED, SRMSCET, Lucknow
- Optical fiber communication
- Analog and digital communication
- Electromagnetic field theory and transmission line
- High speed optical transmission
- Advance modulation and multiplexing schemes
- Terabit Superchannel transmission
- Divya Sharma , Y. K. Prajapati, R. Tripathi, “Success Journey of Coherent PM-QPSK Technique With Its Variants: A Survey,” IETE Technical Review. vol. 29, pp. 1-20, Dec 2018. doi:10.1080/02564602.2018.1557569. (I.F. 1.339)
- Divya Sharma, Y. K. Prajapati, and Rajeev Tripathi, "Spectrally efficient 1.55 Tb/s Nyquist-WDM superchannel with mixed line rate approach using 27.75 Gbaud PM-QPSK and PM-16QAM," Optical Engineering vol. 57(7), pp. 076102, July 2018, doi: 10.1117/1.OE.57.7.076102. (I.F. 1.082)
- Divya Sharma, A. Verma, Y. K. Prajapati, V. Singh, and J.P. Saini, “Forward and backward wave propagation in multilayer planar waveguide using metamaterials layer,” Optical and Quantum Electronics, 45(2), pp. 105-114. 2013. (I.F. 1.168)
- Divya Sharma, Y. K. Prajapati, “Performance Analysis of DWDM System for Different Modulation Schemes Using Variations in Channel Spacing”, Journal of optical communication, De Gruyter, vol. 37 (4), pp. 401-413, March 2016. (scopus)
- Divya Sharma, Y. K. Prajapati, “Analytical study of DWDM optical long haul network with symmetrical dispersion compensation”, Indian Journal of Science and Technology, 11(17), pp.1-12, May 2018. (scopus)
- Divya Sharma, Vinit Jaiswal, Y. K. Prajapati and Rajeev Tripathi, “Performance Optimization of Carving Signal RZ-DQPSK Modulation Scheme”, A. Khare et al. (eds.), Recent Trends in Communication, Computing and Electronics, Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering 524, PP. 1-7, DOI: 10.1007/978-981-13-2685-1_3. (scopus)
- Divya Sharma, Y. K. Prajapati, J.P. Saini and Vivek Singh, “Dispersion Characteristics of metamaterial based planar waveguide”, International conference on Communication & Electronics (ICCE-2012), October, 2012 in KIET, Ghaziabad.
- Divya Sharma, J. B. Maurya, Y. K. Prajapati, “Effect of noise on constellation diagram of 100 Gbps DP-QPSK systems under influence of different digital filters”, In Microwave and Photonics (ICMAP), International Conference on IEEE, ISM Dhanbad, pp. 1-2, December, 2015.
- A. Singh, Divya Sharma, Y. K. Prajapati "Comparison of DPSK and QAM modulation schemes in Passive optical network", In International Conference on Fibre Optics and Photonics, pp. Tu4A-56. Optical Society of America, 2016.
- Divya Sharma, Y. K. Prajapati, “Comparative aspect of different multi-channel DWDM optical network”, International Conference on Advance in Computing, Control and Communication Technology, (IAC3T) University of Allahabad, vol. 1, pp. 155, March 2016.
- Divya Sharma, Shrish Bajpai, and Y. K. Prajapati, “Next generation PON using PM-BPSK and PM-QPSK modulation,” In Multimedia, Signal Processing and Communication Technologies (IMPACT), 2017 International Conference on, pp. 10-12. IEEE, November, 2017.
- Divya Sharma, Y. K. Prajapati, “Terabit nyquist superchannel transmission using PM-QPSK subchannels”, In Microwave and Photonics (ICMAP), 2018 3rd International Conference on, pp. 1-2, IEEE, February, 2018.
- Divya Sharma, Y. K. Prajapati and Anurag Upadhyay, “16×40 Gb/s, 32×40 Gb/s And 64×40 Gb/s DWDM Network”, is presented in Computational and Characterization Techniques in Engineering & Sciences (CCTES-18) 14-15 September, 2018 in Integral University, Lucknow. (ID-107).
- Divya Sharma, Y. K. Prajapati and Shrish Bajpai, “Heterogeneous N-WDM superchannel transmission,” is presented in Photonics-2018, 12-15 December 2018 in IIT Delhi (ID-122).
- A. Anurag, P. Giri, and Divya Sharma, "Analytical Study of Clad Waveguide Sensor with Metamaterial." In 2017 IEEE Workshop on Recent Advances in Photonics (WRAP), pp. 1-3. IEEE, 2017.
Achievement, Awards and Recognitions
- Invited talk on “Terabit Nyquist Superchannel Transmission using polarization multiplexed subcarriers” in International Conference on Computational and Characterization Techniques in Engineering & Sciences (CCTES-18), 14-15 September, 2018, at Integral University Lucknow
- Session chair in International Conference on Computational and Characterization Techniques in Engineering & Sciences (CCTES-18) 14-15 September, 2018, at Integral University Lucknow
- Received fellowship from MEITY, India under Visveswaraya PhD scheme in MNNIT Allahabad from January 2015 to May 2018.
Message to Students & Community
Believe in yourself and keep on chasing your dreams.