Dr. Hem Dutt Joshi
B. Tech, M.E, Ph.D (ECE)
B. Tech, M.E, Ph.D (ECE)
Contact No.: 91-8727871864
1. Research Areas
• Wireless Communication and Signal Processing
• OFDM, MIMO system, MIMO-OFDM,
• Antenna Designing.
2. Post-Doc Experience
• Completed one year Post-Doc at Trinity College of Dublin, Ireland in 2019
3. Work Experience
• More than Sixteen Year of Teaching and Research Experience.
• Presently, working as Associate Professor at Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology (TIET), Patiala, in ECE department since June 2013.
• Worked as Assistant Professor in Jaypee University of Engineering and Technoloy (JUET), Guna, M.P., from 2006 to 2013
• Worked as Lecturer in MPCT, Gwalior, M. P., from 2004 to 2006
• One Year of Industrial Experience as software Engineer Trainee in Associated Infotech Ltd, New Delhi from Nov 2000 to Oct 2001.
• Ph.D in the year 2012 from Jaypee University of Engineering and Technology (JUET), GUNA, M.P. (Thesis Title: Performance Augmentation of OFDM System” under the Guidance of Prof. Rajiv Saxena, Director, Jaypee University, Anoopsahar, UP)
• M.E (CCN) in the year 2004 from M.I.T.S, Gwalior/RGPV, Bhopal. (Thesis Title: Computer Aided Design of Broad band Patch Antenna” under the guidance of Prof. P. K. Singhal, Head, ECE, M.I.T.S., Gwalior)
• B.Tech (ECE) in the year 1999 from R.K.D.F.I.S.T / Barkatullah University, Bhopal
5. Membership of Professional Bodies
• Member IEEE (Institute of Electrical & Electronics Engineers).
• Life Member of IETE (The Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers, New Delhi, India) since 2006.
6. Administrative duties @TIET
• Coordinator, Capstone Project, ECED.
• Coordinator, NBA and NAAC accreditation committee of ECED.
• PG Coordinator (Aug 2016 to Aug 2018), ECED, TIET
• Program Coordinator (ME-WC, 2014 to 2016), ECED, TIET.
• Member, Department Planning and Policy Committee (DPPC, ECED) (2016).
• Member, Department Academic Affairs Committee (Sep, 2016 to Aug 2018).
• Member, ABET accreditation Committee of ECED, TIET
• Warden Hostel-B from 2014 to 2017.
7. Other Achievements
• Qualified GATE in 2000 and CCNA in 2006.
• Have supervised fifteen (15) M.E Thesis and currently supervising two M.E Thesis.
• Supervised two PhD Thesis.
• Currently supervising two PhD students.
• Have supervised more than Twenty B.Tech Final Year Projects.
8. Research Project
• Software Defined Radio (SDR) Implementation of Window Based OFDM System for Various Wireless Applications with Improved Performance, funded by Thapar University, Patiala.
• Project Coordinator of Erasmus + KA1 – International Mobility Program. Thapar Institute received a financial grant under Erasmus + KA1 – International Mobility Program with Politecnico di Milano, Italy as a partner institute.
9. Short Term Programs / Workshops Attended
• Attended Workshop on “Spread Spectrum Techniques and CDMA” Held at JIIT Noida On December 14, 2008.
• Attended one week IUCEE workshop on Digital Communication in year 2011 at JUET Guna.
• Delivered a Lecture on OFDM System and its Simulation in the workshop on Signal and Image processing held in June 2010 at JUET, Guna.
• Attended a workshop entitled ‘New Direction Program’ on Teaching and Learning organized by Trinity college of Dublin, Ireland at Thapar University, Patiala.
10. Subject Taught
Electrical Sciences, Electronics devices and circuit theory (EDC), Analog Electronics, Computer Networks, Digital Communication, Antenna and Wave Theory, Analog and Digital Communication, ATM, Mobile Communication, Circuit Analysis and synthesis.
11. List of Publications
 D Singh, A Kumar, Hem Dutt Joshi, M Magarini, R Saxena, “Symbol Error Rate Analysis of OFDM System with CFO Over TWDP Fading Channel”, Wireless Personal Communications vol. 109 no. 4, pp: 2187-2198, Dec 2019.
 Gittaly Dhingra, Vinay Kumar, Hem Dutt Joshi, “A novel computer vision based neutrosophic approach for leaf disease identification and classification”, Elsevier Measurement, Vol 135, Mar 2019, pp 782-794, SCI
 Gittaly Dhingra, Vinay Kumar, Hem Dutt Joshi, “Basil leaves disease classification and identification by incorporating survival of fittest approach”, Elsevier, Chemometrics and Intelligent Laboratory Systems, vol.186, pp-1-11, Mar 2019, SCI
 Daljeet Singh and Hem Dutt Joshi, “Error probability analysis of STBC-OFDM systems with CFO and imperfect CSI over generalized fading channels”, Elsevier AEU International Journal of Electronics and Communication, vol. 98, 2019, pp. 156-163, IF – 1.145, SCI.
 Daljeet Singh and Hem Dutt Joshi, “Generalized MGF Based Analysis of Line-of-Sight Plus Scatter Fading Model and its Applications to MIMO-OFDM Systems”, Elsevier AEU International Journal of Electronics and Communication, Accepted: 10-April-2018, Vol. 91, July 2018, pp.110-117, IF – 1.145, SCI.
 Daljeet Singh and Hem Dutt Joshi, “Performance analysis of SFBC-OFDM system with channel estimation error over generalized fading channels”, Transaction on Emerging Telecommunication Technology, vol.29, No.3, March 2018, DOI: 10.1002/ett.3293. IF – 1.606, SCI
 Gittaly Dhingra, Vinay Kumar, Hem Dutt Joshi, "Study of Digital Image Processing Techniques for Leaf Disease Detection and Classification", MULTIMEDIA TOOLS AND APPLICATIONS. 21-Nov-2017. Impact factor—1.53, SCI, https: //doi. org/10.1007/ s11042-017-5445-8
 Yashpreet, Hem Dutt Joshi, Ashutosh Kumar Singh, Amit Mishra and Bhaskar Gupta, “Zadoff-Chu sequence based timing Offset Estimation for OFDM systems”, Springer, Wireless Personal Communications , Oct, 2017, DOI 10.1007/s11277-017-4993-6. IF - 0.951 , SCI
 Hem Dutt Joshi, Ravneet Kaur, Ashutosh Kumar Singh, Amit Mishra, “An Improved Method for Deceptive Jamming against Synthetic Aperture Radar”, International Journal of Microwave and Wireless Technologies, Sep, 2017, DOI: 10.1017/S175907871700109X, IF- 0.976, SCI
 B. Gupta, S. Gupta, A. K. Singh, H. D. Joshi, “Optimized periodic precoder-based blind channel estimation for MIMO-OFDM systems”, International Journal of Electronics Letters, http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/21681724.2017.1378375, Tyalor and Francis, Sep, 2017.
 Atul Kumar, Maurizio Magarini, Hem Dutt Joshi, and Rajiv Saxena "Exact SER Analysis of DFrFT-Based QPSK OFDM System over Frequency Selective Rayleigh Fading Channel with CFO," Journal of Computer Networks and Communications, vol. 2016, Article ID 2804507, 7 pages, 2016. doi:10.1155/2016/2804507. An Emerging source citation index journal. Indexed by Thompson Ruiters., Scopus
 Ankush gupta, Hem Dutt Joshi and Rajesh Khanna, “An X-shaped fractal antenna with DGS for multiband applications”, International Journal of Microwave and Wireless Technologies, Cambridge University Press and the European Microwave Association, DOI: 10.1017/S1759078716000994. Volume 9, Issue 5, June 2016, pp. 1075-1083. IF- 0.976
 Daljeet Singh and Hem Dutt Joshi,” BER Performance of SFBC OFDM System over TWDP Fading Channel”, IEEE Communication letter. 2016. DOI 10.1109/LCOMM.2016.2606386. Vol. 20, No. 12, DECEMBER 2016, 2426-2429, impact –1.988.
 Saraswati Kumari, Shivesh Kr. Rai, Atul Kumar, Hem Dutt Joshi, Ashutosh kr. Singh, Rajiv Saxena, “Exact BER Analysis of FRFT-OFDM System over Frequency Selective Rayleigh Fading Channel with CFO”, Electronics Letters, IET Publication, Vol. 49, Issue 20, pp. 1299 - 1301 September 2013 . Impact Factor :1.155
 R.Saxena and H.D.Joshi, “OFDM and its Major Concerns: A Study with Way Out,”, IETE Journal of Education, Vol. 54, Issue 1, pp. 26-49, Jan – Jun 2013.
 R. Saxena and H. D. Joshi, “ICI Reduction in OFDM system using IMBH combinational pulse shape,” Springer, Wireless Personal Communications, Vol. 71, no. 4, pp. 2895–2911, August 2013. . Impact Factor :0.951
 R. Saxena and H. D. Joshi, “Performance Improvement in OFDM system with MBH Combinational pulse shapes,” Digital Signal Processing, Elsevier Publication, vol. 23, Jan 2013, pp. 314-321. Impact Factor : 2.337
 H. D. Joshi and R. Saxena, “FRFT based Timing and frequency offset estimation method for OFDM system,” The Mediterranean Journal of Electronics and Communications, vol. 8, no. 1, January 2012.
 R. Saxena and H. D. Joshi, “A new peak clipping algorithm for PAPR reduction in OFDM,” Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Scientific and Academic Publisher, USA, vol. 1, no. 2, Dec 2011, pp. 49-54.
 R. Saxena and H. D. Joshi, “FRFT based timing estimation method for an OFDM system,” Accepted for publication in Pertanika Journal of Science and Technology., vol. 22, no.1, Jan 2014, pp.15-24, Scopus
 S Kalsotra, A Kumar, H D Joshi, AK Singh, K Dev, M Magarini, “Impact of Pulse Shaping Design on OOB Emission and Error Probability of GFDM”, 2019 IEEE 2nd 5G World Forum (5GWF), 226-231
 Daljeet Singh, Hem Dutt Joshi, Bhaskar Gupta, “Performance of SFBC-OFDM Systems in Fading MIMO Channels”, Proceedings of the 11th INDIACom; INDIACom-2017; IEEE Conference ID: 403532017 4th International Conference on “Computing for Sustainable Global Development”, 01st - 03rd March, 2017, Bharati Vidyapeeth's Institute of Computer Applications and Management (BVICAM), New Delhi (INDIA)
 Vaibhav Mishra, Pragati Rana, Priya Keerti Tripathi, Hem Dutt Joshi, “Performance Analysis of Comb Type Pilot Aided Channel Estimation in OFDM with Different Pilot Sequences,” in the Proceeding of Tenth IEEE International Conference on Wireless and Optical Communications Networks (WOCN-2013), 26-28 July, 2013, TIT College, Bhopal, M.P, India, IEEE Catalog Number: CFP13604-CDR 978-1-4673-5997-9.
 Saraswati Kumari, Shivesh Kr. Rai, Atul Kumar, Hem Dutt Joshi, Ashutosh kr. Singh, Rajiv Saxena, “Closed Form Relations for ICI and BER in FRFT Based OFDM System”, in the Proceeding of 3rd IEEE International Advance Computing Conference, (IACC-2013), Feb 22-23, 2013, Ajay kumar Garg college of Engineering, Ghaziabad (UP), India.
 H. D. Joshi and R. Saxena, “PAPR reduction in OFDM systems using precoding with clipping,” IEEE International Conference on Communications, Computing and Control Applications (CCCA’11), 03-05 March 2011, Hammamet, Tunisia.
 Hem Dutt Joshi, Rajesh Kr Vishwakarma K.K Verma and Sanjay Tiwari, “Design of
Rectangular patch antenna with u-slot,” National Conference on Emerging Trends in Electrical Instrumentation & communication Engineering (ETEIC-2012), jointly Organized by Anand Engineering College, Agra & IETE (India) Aligarh, 6-7, April, 2012.
 Hem Dutt Joshi and Rajiv Saxena “Effect of Doppler Spreading in Un-Coded OFDM Systems”, National Conference on Education & Research (ConFR10), Third CSI National Conference of CSI Division V, Region III, Bhopal Chapter, IEEE Bombay, and MPCST Bhopal, organized by JUET Guna, 6-7 Mar 2010.
 H. D. Joshi and A. K. Singh, “Design and Analysis of Truncated Square with Electromagnetically Coupled Circular Patch Antenna,” National Conference on Communication Systems & Networking In association with IETE Gwalior Chapter, 15-16 March, 2008.