Wireless Optical Communication
Mr. Shashikant is working with ECED Department, Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Patiala since 2019. He his pursuing his PhD degree in Visible Light Communication from University of Delhi, New Delhi. His research interests include Optical Wireless Communication and Molecular Communication.
- Ph.D. (University of Delhi) in Visible Light Communication in ECE
- M. Tech in Wireless Communication, PEC University of Technology, Chandigarh, First class (8.5 CGPA)
- B.Tech. in Electronics and Communication Engineering / Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak / First class (74.3%)
Experience: Total Teaching Experience 4 years 8 month
- October 2014 – October 2018: Teaching cum Research Fellow, Electronics and Communication Engineering Department, Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology, Dwarka, New Delhi.
- October 2018 – June 2019: Guest Faculty, Electronics and Communication Engineering Department, Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology, Dwarka, New Delhi.
- Signals and Systems
- Basics of Electronics
- Digital Circuits and Systems-I,II
- Probability Theory and Random Variables
- Optical Wireless Communication
- Visible Light Communication
- Molecular Communication
- Shashikant, Garg P, Sharma PK. Interference mitigation technique with coverage improvement in indoor VLC system. Trans Emerging Tel Tech. 2018;e3511.. [SCI Impact Factor 1.258].
- S. Sheoran, P. Garg and P. K. Sharma, ”Location tracking for indoor VLC systems using intelligent photodiode receiver, in IET Communications, vol. 12, no. 13, pp. 1589-1594, 14 8 2018. doi: 10.1049/ iet-com.2017.0450. [SCI Impact Factor 1.779].
- Shashikant and P. Garg,“Smart LED with power allocation algorithm for indoor visible light communication system,” 2018 7TH IEEE International Conference on Reliability, Infocom Technologies and Optimization (ICRITO’2018), Noida, 2018, pp. 834-839. [Presented]
- Shashikant, P. Garg and A. Gupta, “Comparative analysis of hexagonal VLC nodes deployment schemes,” 2017 4th International Conference on Signal Processing, Computing and Control (ISPCC), Solan, 2017, pp. 368-372. [Presented]
- Shashikant, R. Saini and A. Gupta, “Comparative analysis of coverage aspects for various LEDs placement schemes in indoor VLC system, 2017 2nd International Conference for Convergence in Technology (I2CT), Mumbai, 2017, pp. 487-491. [Presented] A. Gupta, P. Garg and Shashikant, “Mobility management for indoor VLC system, 2017 2nd ICEIT Conference on Advances in Mobile Communications, Networking and Computing, New Delhi, 2017, pp. 132-136. Shashikant, P. Garg and Manan Jani , “Tracking Error Analysis in Indoor Visible Light Communication System Using IPR, 2019 ICEIT Conference on Advances in Mobile Communications, Networking and Computing, New-Delhi, 2019. [Presented] Manan Jani, P. Garg and Shashikant, “Modelling and Analysis of a Multi-hop AF Relay Equipped Power Line Communication System under Channel Fading and Additive Noises, 2019 ICEIT Conference on Advances in Mobile Communications, Networking and Computing, New-Delhi, 2019.
Achievement, Awards and Recognitions
- UGC NET Qualified-2018
- GATE Qualified-2012,2014,2017
Message to Students & Community
“I'M ALWAYS HERE TO HELP YOU, BUT YOU'VE GOT TO TAKE THE LEAD.”